The importance of data protection law has grown significantly in recent years. In addition, there is a plethora of legal questions that have not been answered by the highest courts since the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) entered into force. These questions are being discussed with increasing intensity in practice and written opinion. Furthermore, actual or alleged violations of data protection provisions in the context of legal disputes are employed with greater frequency in order to achieve economic advantage or to motivate the data protection officer to behave in a desired manner.
Consequently, it is important to keep your data protection infrastructure up to date at all times. This includes taking into account recent legal opinions and regulatory requirements so as to address data protection concerns on the one hand, and to make effective use of the data protection officer’s existing scope for assessment on the other.
In cooperation with national and international partners, or even with corresponding group structures, you need additional data protection solutions that, above all, must be legally secure and practicable. After all, the proper handling of personal data in the company is one of the core areas of your corporate governance.
Our law firm has come alongside companies as a partner for many years and advises them specifically on their individual data protection law “problem areas”. We can present you with solutions that meet both your business objectives and the specific legal requirements.
We advise and support companies competently and holistically, whether in the implementation of data protection requirements, in negotiations with the competent supervisory authorities, or in legal disputes.
Our portfolio of advisory services mainly comprises the following segments:
- Legal assessment and support in the design of data processing procedures in the company and in sales (for example, the use of customer databases or telematics applications).
- Checking and drafting legal and practical consent clauses.
- Preparation and/or review of basic data protection documentation (e.g. deletion concepts) as well as any concepts for dealing with data subjects’ rights (e.g. rights of access).
- Design of risk scenarios in case of loss of or access to protected personal data.
- In and out-of-court support in the event of “data mishaps” and other incidents related to data protection law.
Through our lectures and publications, we keep abreast of current developments and topics in legal opinion and literature for you and inform you about ongoing legislative procedures.