Corporate law issues arise in the insurer’s own organisation as well as in matters involving the entire group. In M&A transactions, numerous other corporate and insurance supervisory law issues usually have to answer for the companies and investors involved. Thanks to years of experience in this sector, BLD offers competence as a specialist insurance law firm that can provide advice on corporate law in a meaningful way, or effectively complement existing advice.
For example, we can contribute our insurance regulatory expertise in the following cases:
• Development of a company’s own corporate organisation and the interaction of the executive bodies at company and group level.
• Merger of two insurers.
• Transfer of insurance portfolios.
• Restructuring in the insurance group.
• Transfer of significant investments to insurers at home and abroad.
Our experienced team of lawyers accompanies and supports companies and investors alone or in cooperation with actuaries, auditors or other law firms. We can draw on a wealth of experience, especially in transactions involving mutual insurance companies.
In these transactions, we represent domestic and foreign insurers in all sectors of the insurance industry. Our portfolio of services to meet regulatory requirements includes, for example:
• Processing, preparation and review of business areas in the corporate bodies, of remuneration issues for board members, of all organisational measures, including the integration of external service providers in outsourcing and, of portfolio transfer contracts.
• Examination of questions of insurance supervisory law in the case of issues in conversion law and distribution law issues when restructuring within the group concerns the distribution of insurance products.
• Examination of data protection requirements in the event of restructuring in the group.
• Due diligence checks with regard to insurance contract and distribution law risks inherent in the portfolio concerned