The German Act against Unfair Competition often imposes very strict requirements on the admissibility of competitive advertising and marketing. When advising an insurer in this area of law, we ensure that you, as an insurer’s employee, are well-equipped in engaging in legally compliant market behaviour. However, we can also show you in advance the legal limits for new products or sales strategies under development, and will work with you to find feasible avenues to pursue. This might involve, for example, the question of how to develop and promote a new cooperation model with other market participants, or how to grant advantages to customers and potential new clients.
In the field of trademark law, we advise you strategically on naming, choosing (register) protection and exploiting designations and trademarks. In addition, we represent insurers in trademark defence before all ordinary courts and the German Federal Patent Court.
- Our range of consulting services includes, for example, the following:
- General competitive advice in international and national marketing matters.
- Preparation of expert reports and expert opinions.
- Litigation, including representation in preliminary injunctions and trademark defence.
- Trademark application, portfolio management and administration.
- Complementary competition issues relating to trademarks, designs and patents.
- Franchising contracts and professional law issues.
- Protection of expertise.
Due to our many years of experience in the insurance industry, we are intimately familiar with the contractual and regulatory framework and consequently the design framework in this particular market. This helps us to offer you comprehensive antitrust advice which includes all preventive measures necessary to comply with antitrust law as a whole. Our lawyers identify antitrust risks and develop guidelines and rules of conduct. We develop suggestions for employee training, which we also carry out ourselves if necessary. When it comes to the topic of antitrust, it is crucial to address compliance issues. To this end, we develop guidelines and training courses, carry out audits, accompany association activities, for example, and evaluate them from a legal perspective.