BLD has specialised experience and expertise in rapid assistance during international crises. In recent years, our lawyers have been active in providing our clients with legal assistance, at times directly on site – and often with our international partners – within only a few hours, such as in the case of the railway accidents in Eschede and Brühl, a bus accident in Madeira, or the crash of a Germanwings plane in the French Alps.
Our range of services includes, in particular, advice on the preparation of crisis response plans to prevent future catastrophes.
In response to the immediate crisis situation, we offer:
- Legal assistance in the preservation of evidence, including on site in the crisis area.
- Support and advice for the care team, including on site at the crisis area.
- Interviewing employees in preparation for the defence of the claim, especially in the context of investigating the triggers/causes of the crisis from a legal perspective.
- Coordination with crisis communication advisors and technical experts.
- Advice on contacting authorities and injured parties.
- Legal support for press releases/statements with regard to possible future liability claims.
- Advice in cases of direct contact between the client and the injured party during the crisis.
- Liability assessment.
Following the crisis event, we provide support in the settlement process, we represent our clients in the legal defence against claims for damages and, following the proceedings, we carry out recourse against parties such as subcontractors, suppliers or service