Rapid clarification in cases of fraud
Handling dubious claims is crucial in the insurance industry, yet these matters often pose various practical challenges when it comes to implementation. Since 2009, BLD has pooled its expertise by offering our own Forensic Claims Centre.
The main problem in combating fraud lies in first identifying the conspicuous damage in order to subsequently establish facts that are viable in court. The essential research must already be done before a legal dispute arises. The use of fraud detection software is only one building block in this process. At our Forensic Claims Centre, we provide you with targeted and competent advice. Our lawyers are highly specialised in defending fraudulent claims both in and out-of-court. Due to the large number of fraud cases we have handled as well as a wealth of publications and specialist lectures, we can offer proven experts to solve your case quickly and reliably.
The advantages of securing our fraud detection services:
- We employ and direct private investigators for you.
- Through close guidance and the specification of concrete investigative assignments, we prevent lengthy, expensive investigations. This keeps costs down and ensures evidence that can be used in court.
- We select the technical experts specialised for your case, including forensic experts, alarm system experts, fire experts (incl. the use of fire simulation programmes and fire evaluation), handwriting experts, physical evidence experts, thermodynamic experts, the use of document examination equipment, etc.
- We select further experts for you who, for example, prepare profitability reports, balance sheet evaluations, medical or psychological testimonials.
- We use professional “infobroking” via databases.
- We can set up a nationwide telephone number for your case to enable whistle-blowers to provide information in confidence to lawyers bound to secrecy.
- We rely on cooperation with the police, the public prosecutor’s office and other authorities in accordance with existing laws.
- We conduct further factual research for you in compliance with data protection and other statutory provisions.
In addition, we offer you:
- Knowledge management through training, computerised archives and meetings to discuss potential fraud.
- Recovery of assets in case of detected fraud.
- Services for out-of-court and in-court fraud defence.
Our experts at the Forensic Claims Centre not only conduct in-house training, but also give numerous lectures on fraud-relevant areas, for example, at the VersicherungsForum, at events hosted by the German Insurance Association (GDV) and at universities. Topics that we focus on include:
- Claims-handling of bad debts.
- Fraud detection in the volatile field of data protection.
- Use of private investigators and experts.
- Technical possibilities for the insurer in the establishment of facts.
- Published and unpublished legal opinion on fraud against insurers.
- Circumstantial evidence of arson committed by the owner.
- Asset seizures in the case of detected insurance fraud.
- Possibilities and limits of rewards.