Insolvencies and foreclosures involve complex issues and particular risks, especially in light of insurance law. Expert advice can help avoid double payments, ward off unjustified insolvency challenges or realise claims even when the debtor is in financial difficulty.
As an insurer, you can rely on the expertise of our lawyers who are highly specialised and familiar with the special needs and issues in specific insurance lines. This ensures the high-quality and economically optimized handling of each case.
Our advice covers the following areas, among others:
- Effects of the opening of insolvency proceedings on insurance contracts and court proceedings.
- Defence against rescission claims under insolvency law in all lines of business, taking into account the respective particularities.
- Enforcement of recovery claims in connection with insolvency proceedings of the debtor.
- Examination and filing of claims in the insolvency claims register.
- Preparation of insolvency-proof pension concepts, namely concerning occupational pension schemes.
- Examination of possible third-party rights before payment of the insurance benefit.
- Supervision of deposit proceedings.
- Preparation of insolvency-proof and enforcement-proof security agreements for sales, specifically to secure commission repayment claims.
- Advice on the issues of debt-discharging payments as well as the enforcement of recovery claims in the area of property insurance where several claimants compete, as well as in the case of insurer’s recourse to the assets of the insolvent debtor.
- Support concerning life insurance and occupational pensions by means of short-term preparation of votes for the correct pay-out procedure in order to effectively exclude double payments in enforcement and insolvency law contexts.